In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious and The Most Merciful

20070304

S for Study (Part I)



Might be that I am a little late for this, but then again, not too late for this. Somewhere last month, ESU held a talk in my campus. Well, I am not a Petronas scholar, so at first I didn't really cared about the ESU talk.

But soon after, someone forwarded a YM mass-message (by the way, in case any of you didn't know, YM means for Yahoo! Messenger). I opened it, and it was the pictures above I saw, which makes me rethink again about posting this issue.

Definitely this issue has been the 'issue of the issues', or in other words, an issue that was never resolved. I understand that sometimes it is just hard to cope with the studies. But then again, I still see people getting GPA below 2.5 for two or three consecutive semesters, and yet still have the time, or should I say, spend most of their times in other non-academic things.

Especially entertainment-based activities. I understand, if, they were subject to entertain themselves before they start study. Sometimes I do stuffs like that too. But to do it most of the times, and yet keeping the lecture notes and book aside, is of course something not right.

For me, to score is a probability, but to study is a reality, a must for all students. How do you expect people to let go of their studies, especially people who are scholar-bounded people? Let me remind you again, scholar-bounded people.

Scholar-bounded people are people that are trusted to study, local or overseas, and serve the scholar provider, if not nation, and the community. Thus, if someone was to get a GPA below 2.5 every semester, what is the point in that? Serving the community while you are not even interested in study? That is a NO for that.

One more thing that also need to be highlighted, the reality. Every year we keep hearing about jobless graduates. Well, at this time it is not a major concern for the university, but what will happen in these 2, 3 years, if more and more people are receiving the 'letter' from the university ?

No comments: